Attention! This is a legacy build of the Mega Man RPG from 2017 and is no longer being maintained.
Reported bugs will not be fixed and any progress made here will not be saved.
Return to the archive index for more legacy content or
play the current version of the game for all the new stuff.
Hello everyone and thank you all so much for your patience and understanding over these last several months. It has been a long and difficult journey, but being able to post this update here today and show everyone what we've been working on makes it all worth the wait.
It has been a very long day and night and then day again putting the finishing touches and updating all the required database and files, so I'm going to get some much needed rest now. In the next several days I will be posted a series of articles describing the new features, but in the mean time please try and figure out things for yourself and help each other out in the comments of this update thread.
I will give a very brief outline of what's new below:
- New formatting options (like the new [code] and [robot] tags)
- Three different shops that allow you to buy and sell items, abilities, fields and stars
- All the Mega Man 3 fields are purchasable via the new shop, and doing so allows you to unlock the robot
- Website database has been completely redone to be easier to use and to show off more player recordsm with new field, mecha, and item databases being added with lots of helpful information (including music links!) and new flavour-text data in the form of robot bios by MegaBossMan (thank you!)
- A few sprites were updated by a new member to the team, Rhythm_BCA, namely Disco and Bass (and they look great!)
- All the field multipliers and mecha stats were created by Brorman which was a huge help (thank you!)
- Crystal Cave has been renamed to Photon Collider, will allow future field for Crystal Man to use word
- Bright Man's "Lightning Control" has been corrected to "Lighting Control" because it makes more sense
- Item drops in battle are now affected by not only where you're battling, but also which class of robot
- Landing a one-hit KO on a robot master or support mecha would double the odds of it dropping an item
- If you damage a robot master with a super effective attack, it may drop an elemental robot core
- Robot cores can either be sold to Reggae for a price that's based on your current starforce for that element OR used in battle to boost the field multiplier by 100%
- If a robot core is used in battle while a Copy Core is in the lead, it will change its core type for the rest of the battle and only be allowed to use moves compatible with the new type (only using an actual Copy Core item on the robot can you revert it mid-battle)
- Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass will now automatically change colour while using elemental abilities - based on the ability's type(s) - and then revert to normal when it's done
- In addition to the MM3 fields, many old fields have been given new music like the Final Destination stages and the bonus stage, thanks once again to TheLegendOfRenegade for the awesome music
- The mission select music and the music that plays during the intro field battle will now be determined by which fields you have set to that player in the player editor (all MM3 fields = MM3 music, etc.)
- The Mecha Support ability has been revised and now acts as a sure-fire substitute attack, always going first and having a predictable pattern - mechas are summoned in order from gen 1 to gen 3 and back, and the mecha's level goes up each time it's summoned
- Starforce boosts now apply in Player Battles, adding a much needed layer of difficulty to these high-reward battles, and the amount of boost is displayed on the mission select screen
- Starforce boosts now also apply to story-related missions, where fields containing a fusion star will have boosted and more powerful enemies
Aaaaand that's all I can think of for now. I need to send a special shout-out to Sean Adamson and MMX100, as I did not have time to add their long-awaited sprite updates to this update. The same is true for any updated quotes or bios. They will come soon, but I needed to get out the main part of the update first before people started getting angry with me. >_>
Thank you all so much and I hope you enjoy! Let me/us know what you think and please go easy on me if there are bugs. :S
June 2014 Update : Mega Man Goes Shopping Posted by Adrian Marceau on June 14th, 2014 at 4:25am Viewed 6544 Times